Hello my loves! Today I’m gonna show you one of my favourite breakfasts : egg white omelette! It’s easy and quick to prepare and the taste is really amazing. It’s clean, healthy and it has all the nutritions your body needs to start the day. As you now know it, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. It’s a pleasure for me to take my time to prepare something I love and to eat while reading my favorites books or magazines.
Before showing you my recipe, here is some reasons why I always eat eggs without yolk.
An egg white has absolutely no fat, compared to the yolk’s 5 g of fat, 2 g of which are saturated fat. But hey, it’s fat free unless you fry up the egg in greasy oil or butter!
If you don’t eat meat, egg whites are one of the top sources of protein. A single egg white offers 4 g of protein without the yolk’s fat and other detriments.
The egg white contains 54 mg of potassium while the yolk contains 19 mg of potassium.
An egg is only about 71 calories. Not a high calorie food, ok. But did you know that 1 egg white is only 16 calories? If you really love yolks, rather than cooking up a three egg omelet, try one with a single egg supplemented with two egg whites. It’s a good compromise, right? 🙂
Now, let’s see how to do this SUPER YUMMY omelette!
3 egg whites
4 cherry tomatoes (or 1 tomato)
1. Take all the ingredients and the tools you need in the same place.
2. Take a frying pan and add a little bit of olive oil. Cook the spinach for about 4-5 minutes. Set aside and wipe the pan clean to use again. Then, slice the tomato.
3. Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until foamy and doubled in volume.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the whites into the frying pan and swirl around to cover the base of the pan.
6. Cook without stirring, for about 2 minutes or until the whites are almost set. Spread the cooked spinach evenly over half the omelette and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or the base is golden.
7. Carefully fold the omelette over and slide over a plate and enjoy! <3
Photography by Sindi Arifi