I can’t explain you how much I love breakfast. It’s important to me to make it healthy and delicious. I take care of the things I eat, I want them to be REAL FOOD. It’s difficult to find good products in the shops, because they are all full of refined sugar, chemicals, processed foods, additives (etc, etc.). I know I look like a weird girl when I do my commissions, but it doesn’t matter. I always try to choose fresh food. It’s much better and I can tell you that it makes a huge difference on the taste!
Granola bowls are well known to be « healthy » and « fresh ». I went to the shop to take a good granola. Then, I realized that it’s not healthy at all. I put it back on the radius and I decided to make it my own. I exactly know what I put in my recipe, so I know what I eat. It’s important to me to be sure on what I give to my body. Now, I can enjoy several home made granola bowls and it’s just… YUMMY!
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 1,5 cup of almonds and pecans
- 1,5 cup of a sweetener (maple syrup or honey or agave or vanilla extract)
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp of salt
- 2 cups of seeds (pumpkin seeds, sunflower, flax, millet, and sesame seeds)
- 1 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Optional : 1/2 cup of dried fruits (apricots, figues, pineapple, raisins, blueberries or cherries)
- Optional : for chocolate lovers, 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- Optional : 1 egg white (it will help your granola to be crispy!)
- Put the grains, nuts, seeds, salt, and spices into a large bowl.
- Add your sweetener, oil and egg white (if you use it).
- Stir it all together. Let’s do it, it’s sport time 🙂
- Put it all in a large baking sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes. Stir after 20 minutes.
- When granola have a golden, brown color and a delicious smell, you can stop the bake.
- Store it in a airtight container.
- Enjoy your new home made granola!
CREATE MY OUTFIT
TOP : Zara
JEANS : Zara
Photography by Quentin Décaillet